Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Friend of the Week


Who knew that becoming a parent would entail doing homework... HOMEWORK!
I wasn't good in school. Well I guess I should say I didn't like to apply myself. Which also means I'm a procrastinator and will wait until the VERY LAST min to do everything.
 
Hence -- I hated school!!!
 
So once I graduated I was relieved that I wouldn't have to do anymore HOMEWORK!
 
Until last week....
Last week we received a piece of paper from Ryker's school. A piece of paper that stated he had been chosen as "Friend of the Week".
Good for him! What a fun week he will have.
BUT
At the bottom of this paper it said "Parents please create a poster about your child and the things he/she likes to do, please bring it next Monday"
 
EXCUSE ME?
 Create a poster?
Pretty sure that is HOMEWORK for a 2 1/2 year old.
 
What have I gotten myself into, having babies?? :)
 
So like I said.
Ryker is "Friend of the Week" this week.
And I'm a procrastinator.
 
Guess who didn't have a poster done on Monday!
Yeah this parent.
I definitely won Parent of the year this week.
 
I woke up at 4am Monday morning sat straight up in bed and said "OH MY GOODNESS... THE POSTER!!!" There was nothing to be done at that point. I wanted to make a nice poster at least, not just throw stuff together.
 
I had to walk into Ryker's classroom Monday morning tail between my legs and confess that I didn't make the poster this weekend.I have lied before when I have "FORGOTTEN" Ryker's homework at home. (ie. didn't do it, imagine that, did turn it in the next day though)
But this time I wasn't lying.
I really just didn't do it.
I didn't just FORGET it at home.
How embarrassing.
 
Anyway, I spent last night creating a poster for Ryker's classroom, so he could be the best "Friend of the Week" ever.
 
Here's how it turned out.
 
 
 
I also want to give a big shout out to all the men and women that have and continue to serve our country.
And let all the families of ones lost 11 years ago know that they are not forgotten.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment