Tuesday, July 24, 2012

On the right track

I can't believe I didn't tell you guys about some exciting news that happened this weekend.

Ryker pooped on the potty, Saturday at Travis's birthday party!

And then...

He pooped on the potty last night! (I did not take a picture of this, as most of you probably read this with breakfast, lunch, and or dinner! Plus I would like you all to keep coming back and a picture of poop in the toilet might have scared many of you off. Your welcome!)

You know you are growing up when the most exciting part of your day is your 2 1/2 year old pooping in the potty!

On another note:
Something I have learned in my 2 1/2 years of raising my child...
Never ever ever NEVER say my child WILL OR WILL NOT do that.
There have been TOO many times that I have had the "insert foot in mouth" moment. (although this happens to me on a regular basis, not just with my child.)

For example...

--- My kid will NEVER throw a fit in the grocery store / restaurant. -- Been there done that 53 million times

--- My kid will NOT be 3 years old having normal conversations with me and still not potty trained. Welp, we are at 2 1/2 and still pooping in our underware. I'm pretty sure it will be way past 3 before he is completely potty trained. (Anyone have any suggestions? I'm willing to try anything. ANYTHING!)

--- My kid will NOT throw and fit and get his way. --- HAHAHAHAHAHA what was I thinking!

--- My kid WILL sleep through the night. ---- Umm... And when does this start?

Those are just a few examples and I'm sure there are SO many more to come or that have happened and I have just decided to block them out. Isn't it great being a parent! :)

Well gotta run.
We are helping my sister move into her apartment tonight!
Hope we don't have a heat stroke!



1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing the things you think will NEVER happen to you? Children are so humbling. (And yes, I remember being thrilled by the poop in the potty! Made me laugh. You've changed just a bit in the last 10 years!)

    ReplyDelete