Monday, July 16, 2012

PERFECT

So I think I had a big enough pity party last Friday about how I was going to have to work all weekend, so I will spare you all the "waaaaa poor me", Monday details of how awful the weekend really was. And how awful today was considering I'm just now posting this post.

You're welcome!

Today I'm going to tell you about my Nephew!
My sweet, handsome, PERFECT nephew.
 It's his 1st birthday today!


Along with Travis, I have another nephew and 3 nieces.
They are all PERFECT in their own ways and I can't wait to tell stories about them! ;)

BUT

Today is Travis's Day.

Travis is my younger sister Lindsey's son.
My youngest sister Tara, doesn't have any kids yet, and better not have for awhile! ;)

Anyway, back to Travis.

Travis is such a PERFECT baby and I'm sure he will be a PERFECT toddler, a PERFECT teenager, and a PERFECT adult. :)
I'm telling you this baby kid is PERFECT and the cutest darn PERFECT thing!

I say PERFECT for more than a few reasons but I think the main reason is because he started to sleep through the night at 2 months old.
2 MONTHS!!!
Ryker is 2 YEARS old and still doesn't sleep though the night!!
Oh what I would give for a full nights sleep! ;)

As PERFECT as this boy is he will probably be potty trained before Ryker too... I'm actually surprised he isn't potty trained now! And I'm not even joking!!! :)


Grandma and her Boys.


The day Travis arrived
(Aunt Casie's Story):

My sister called me on that Saturday(the day he was born) and said "Casie, I think my water just broke. NO... I KNOW my water just broke!!"

I asked her where her husband Ben was so they could go to the hospital. Ben was out golfing, you don't bother this man when he is golfing. My sister called him a couple of times and he didn't answer. When he finally did he was a little irritated at the fact that she was "bothering" him during his golf outing. Needless to say once he realized that it was time for Travis to come he finished 3 more holes rushed quickly to meet my sister at the hospital.

Tara and I were watching Ryker swim and we decided we could wait an hour or so because this is Lindsey's first baby and she will be in Labor for awhile.
Tara and I got took our sweet time, packed up and headed for Salina. Lucas and Ryker would come down later so they wouldn't have to sit in the waiting room FOREVER! (Which wouldn't have been the case come to find out!)

While on our way we got a call from Lindsey who said she was already dilated to an 8.... (We were still an hour & a half away)  ARE YOU SERIOUS??? AN 8???? This is her first baby why is she laboring so FAST???

One word... Pitocin.
Pedal to the metal.
We are NOT going to miss this!

We made it just in the nic of time. Didn't get to see her before she had Travis but got to go in right after! We were so excited to see our Nephew and our sister of course!
He was PERFECT and she did GREAT!


This I will NEVER forget...
It couldn't have been more than an hour after she had him and she said "That wasn't bad! I could do it again tomorrow!" TOMORROW? Are you serious? You just gave birth in 4 hours and popped blood vessels in your eyes and you could do it again tomorrow?

Crazy woman!

 I think my sister was put on this earth to have babies and be a mom.
 She is such a good mother!
I am so proud to call her my sister.



Travis and his birthday cupcake.




Happy birthday sweet PERFECT nephew of mine.
 Aunt Casie, Uncle Lucas, & cousin Ryker love you so much!
We can't wait to celebrate with you next weekend.
We miss you!

P.S. Tell your mommy and daddy to move closer to Aunt Casie and Aunt Tara!:)

4 comments:

  1. OMGSH..... Crying now! Thank you Casie! Travis Ben and I love the Gorton family so much! But I think you Gould move closer cause that means you would be closer to grandma and grandpa!

    Also everything Casie said about my labor story was so true!!!! :). FYI its this weekend!!!! Like Friday this week!!!!! ;). Love you thanks again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Wilson family and can't wait to see you this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally teared up! Great post, Casey!! And I agree...that sweet boy IS perfect!!

    Becca Poland

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man, this is absolutely a tear jerker! how adorable is he?! I miss your family! so great seeing pictures of everyone.

    ReplyDelete